Saturday, October 11, 2014

I Get Up In The Morning And It's Just Another Day

Recently I was thinking.

Thinking a lot about the things I have seen, done, and allowed myself to be pushed into doing.

But mostly that last part.  Mostly how much that last part has been true for my life.

I sort of allowed myself to be pushed into joining the Army. That was a fun experience that I will not regret.

I had a couple of bad weeks at Arby's one year and someone made a job offer that seemed too good to refuse. I planned to spend a few months at it and go back to full time at Arby's ready to move up and get a good life set up.  Instead I allowed myself to be pushed into a job I neither like or care about.  Then there is the part where my current living situation is sort of prohibitive of moving away from it.  Although that part is changing.

I also allowed myself to be pushed into a living arrangement a few years ago that I...Am just going to leave it at that for now. I am still not quite all together mentally from that.  I was reading back through the past and wondering what had to be done to just feel like Me again.

I feel like I have gotten a pretty decent start on that.  Looking into a career change, one that possibly involves relocating. Which is fine. Reconnecting with some people from years gone by is always nice. I am going to have some fun in a forest with some pretty awesome people next weekend with a camera if all goes as planned, so that will help. 

Worst case I could always go back to Arby's for a while...I guess?

But I have always been of the belief that where jobs are concerned the past is in the past, and each new day brings a different opportunity. I just have to see what window is open as the old door swings shut on the way out.

Peace out, yo.

No comments:

Post a Comment