Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Finally It's Christmas

Several years ago I bought a Minolta SRT-101 35mm camera on craigslist for a very small number of dollars (probably not more than $25, but I cannot find the email to confirm).

It was my first "real" camera.  "Real" translates to SLR camera with interchangeable lenses and etc.  Honestly, I love this camera. It is criminal that I only took a handful of pictures of the actual camera and that I used a terrible cell phone camera to do it!  I will rectify that here though.

The Minolta SR-T 101 is a 35mm manual focus SLR camera with Through-The-Lens exposure metering - TTL for short, that was launched in 1966 by Minolta Camera Co. It stayed in production for ten years with only minor changes.

Based on what I can tell, my camera is a second generation model that came with the awesome MC Rokkor-PF 1:1.4 f=58mm lens.  There is not a whole I can write about it that would make an awful lot of sense to anyone, but I can say that the thing is durable!

I tripped while walking one day and the lens took the brunt of the fall.  The damage was cosmetic, and it will no longer accept any screw on filters (boo!) but it still takes great images!

Anyway, here is the camera now (dented lens and all)...Eight years after I bought it!  I haven't used it very much for the last several years, I'm thinking I'll go get a couple of packs of film and rectify that soon though!












No comments:

Post a Comment