Sunday, March 11, 2018

Mars Ain't Tehe Kind Of Place To Raise A Kid - Unboxery

This is a thing I have written about in the past.

Five months and some change later I have a copy of Windows ME that is (well, was now that I opened it!) still in a sealed box!

Here are some pics.  At some point this week I will scan the box and get some better images.

Here we go:


This is a "Promotional Step-Up" CD.  I haven't yet plugged the disc into a PC and compared the file structure with a retail clean install disc, but I suspect all the data matches, with the exception of a configuration file somewhere.  I'm pretty sure I can do a clean install (if I boot to a DOS prompt) as long as I have either Windows 98 or Windows 98 SE installation files handy in some form or another.

Now then.


The box itself.  Regretfully it ripped when I opened it.  This really doesn't surprise me given the age and the fact that the box is yellowing and slightly brittle.

Inside the insert we have the disc (not flopping around loose!) and an AOL advertisement visible!


Behind the AOL advertisement is the very nice looking Windows ME quick start guide. 

That was it.
Nothing else in the box.

No comments:

Post a Comment