Friday, April 20, 2018

I Think I Need A Lear Jet

Earlier this afternoon I decided that I am going to write at least one game for the Atari Jaguar.  Ideally I would like to start with a simple text-based adventure game and eventually get comfortable enough with the language hand hardware to develop an early Final Fantasy clone for the system.

I got the coding software set up on a clean laptop and wrote and compiled my first piece of Jaguar code…

vim screencompiler screen

And you know what?  It ran!

virtual jag screen

I realize that getting a version of the Basic programming language to print a line of text on a screen doesn’t seem that hard, but I can run this off onto a cartridge, plug it into a Jaguar and it would actually show MY LINE OF TEXT on a television screen through a video game console.  Yeah, I’m a little excited about this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment