Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Sing Us A Song Tonight

Started ripping all of my DVDs again. I’d say it is for the definitive time (again).

I’ve done it all before.  Seeing as my DVD collection can be considered somewhat out of hand, I expect, It will take a while to do this.

I shudder to think about ripping the Stargate DVDs again (fifteen seasons and three movies!).  Last time I had something like 4 computers ripping them and it still took a month. Today I ran the first 16 discs (AKA the first two seasons) of The Pretender off. *Update* Started the conversion process last night only for it to get 90% of the way through the second episode and have the PC restart…Go Team Windows Updates! *End of update*

The nice part about the way I am doing it these days is that I can rip the discs one by one (or use an average of 6 pcs) then que them up on one and have that one start converting the raw data into highest quality .mp4 files.

Originally I did them as .avi files for space and bandwith saving purposes, but now that I have a server and a gigabit home network setup I no longer have those constraints.

The .mp4 format also lets me add cover art and I can, hopefully, make the parental controls be something usable on the Xbox for my ripped DVDs.

No comments:

Post a Comment