Tuesday, July 31, 2018

The Future’s Uncertain

So I am pretty sure my first conscious exposure to the band The Doors was the song Roadhouse Blues from Blue Oyster Cult’s album Extraterrestrial Live. I seem to recall playing that (vinyl!) record rather a lot as a child.

Much later in life after my mother remarried my step-brother introduced me to The Doors as an actual entity. It was so much different.

I went through a phase where I loved that band, but once I had a license, car, and library card I realized I really did not like too much of their stuff above and beyond their classic rock radio songs.

Anyway, BOC is a band that I find myself enjoying more and more as I get older. I found a couple of my CDs, realized my favorite one of their albums (A Long Day’s Night) is a thing that I own two cases and two (ruined!) burned discs. Needless to say, eBay to the rescue.

I never got around to buying the DVD of that show because they left my favorite song of the CD off. I actually looked at the track listing and realized there are about a half dozen more songs (including Flaming Telepaths, which I love for some reason) on the DVD that didn’t make the CD. Again, eBay to the rescue. I guess I’ll have to rip the DVD as MP3 files and add Astronomy to the mix.

Anyway, Roadhouse Blues...

No comments:

Post a Comment