Thursday, August 16, 2018

Train Kept A Rollin'

So a few days back I posted a photo of a fortune from a cookie.

I feel like that was sound advice and that I should heed it.  An old friend of mine came in to work the other night when she was in town for (what will probably be the last time).

Every time I see her I cannot help but dwell on where things could have been if our timing had not been so screwy.

I have more than a few times found myself wanting to pursue something more than a strictly platonic relationship with her, but every time one of us was available the other was not.

I keep dwelling on it.

That is a problem.

Not something I am ever going to act upon.  I am happy with where my life has ended up and sometimes I wonder what my motivations would have been.  Would it have been genuine? Or would I have just been there providing a solid foundation for her to rebuild her life from?

I will now never know.

I just need to stop dwelling on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment