Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Remember When You Were Young

So my favorite Pink Floyd studio album is Wish You Were Here.

There is just something about it that I really like.  Could be the amazing yet relaxing Shine On You Crazy Diamond that it opens and closes with, could be the cynical Welcome to the Machine/Have a Cigar which I feel still perfectly represents the greed and money-hunger that is in our world.

I just don't know.

Anyway, as I said the other night I pulled out the CD I own and the record that I bought years ago to compare the artwork, and I'm not going to lie...They are far more different than I expected.

Here are pictures of everything side by side:


I am unsure of the original color of the record label, but some fading would not be surprising. 



The CD version of the artwork is on top, while the vinyl version is below.



It intrigues me that the scanner did not pick up the color on the records themselves.  I really am not feeling like scanning them again.

The difference in artwork on this album astounds me.  

Pink Floyd have been known to be so picky and perfectionistic that there were rumors about their album "Pulse" being re-recorded in the studio and having audience noise added to it to be sure that the album is perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment