Friday, August 20, 2004

Little Drops Of Rain

Music: Page & Plant ~ Thank You
first off, i am typing this very blindly.  i can not sleep, and i am therefore not wearing my glasses, so bear with me here.
let us see.
tonight i stopped and helped some random strangers who were stranded on the road.  the kid hit a pothole and blew both tires on the passenger side of his car.  he only had the standard one spare, and no lug wrench, so i helped them push it out of the entrance of the parking lot where he stopped and into a parking space.  i hung around until the person they called for a ride showed up.  we messed about with the car a bit longer.  i put a jack under the front because leaving the rim sitting on the ground is not really smart.  yes, the tire was more or less completely gone.
that, combined with the events of saturday through tuesday made me realize that my Jeep is not invulnerable.  so, i spent some time tonight putting my tools back where they belong, finding my jack and putting it back where it goes, and adding 2 flashlights to the mix.  i need to get a folding 4-way lug wrench tomorrow, because i gave my other one to annie.  i have a 22 mm socket that will work, but i don't have a breaker bar and i don't want to subject my ratchet to that kind of abuse, if i can help it.  i have broken 2 of them, and this is the only one i have left.
my toolbox is so nifty,  it is a small army ammo box.  metal, watertight, seals nicely.  if fits perfectly between my seat and door in my Jeep.  i got it for fifty cents at a garage sale a few years ago.  i may need to come up with another because this one is almost full.  i will worry about that when i get the time and resources though.
and the tendonitis in my right elbow is making the typing so freaking difficult now, so goodnight kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment