Monday, January 6, 2003

Going To California

Cat
Going To California
(Page/Plant)
Spent my days with a woman unkind, Smoked my stuff and drank all my wine.
Made up my mind to make a new start, Going To California with an aching in my heart.
Someone told me there's a girl out there with love in her eyes and flowers in her hair.
Took my chances on a big jet plane, never let them tell you that they're all the same.
The sea was red and the sky was grey, wondered how tomorrow could ever follow today.
The mountains and the canyons started to tremble and shake
as the children of the sun began to awake.
Seems that the wrath of the Gods
Got a punch on the nose and it started to flow;
I think I might be sinking.
Throw me a line if I reach it in time
I'll meet you up there where the path
Runs straight and high.
To find a queen without a king,
They say she plays guitar and cries and sings... la la la
Ride a white mare in the footsteps of dawn
Tryin' to find a woman who's never, never, never been born.
Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams,
Telling myself it's not as hard, hard, hard as it seems.

It would seem that I am going to go through with my plan this time. Which plan? you may be asking yourself (assuming you care).
Well, here goes.
I fully intend to go somewhere that it is warm and nice all the time. I have been thinking about Californina, but recent events are making me re-evaluate that decision. The plan calls for me to go somewhere between august and november of 2003.
From now until then, however, I am going to get a second job. I am going to save all of the money from that job that I can, hopefully all, but my car needed a severe amount of work done to it today :'( so i will probably pay that debt off with that money. I am going to rent one of those U-Stor things again, and start putting things away.
Once I go, I fully intend to leave almost everything in storage. Including the car, which will have long since been paid off. Really, the only thing I plan to take is my Laptop, and some clothes. Get an apartment with the money I saved, and then get a job. I can then put the remainder of my savings back into the bank, and then go on pretty much like i am now.
I will furnish the apartment with things i pick up from wherever for rather cheap. After I get everything squared away (6-12 months after i go there) i will fly back to indy, rent a U-Haul, and take my posessions back with me.
It would seem that i am actually going to do it, because i have already started getting boxes. another part of the plan includes copying all of my music to .wma files, and then buring them on to a few CD-Rs. I can listen to those as i please from my laptop or mp3 player. i started on that tonight too.
I am shortly going to either upgrade my laptop, or just buy a new one. haven't decided yet. either way, there will be a modem and internet access. this thing will be updated sporadically, and i will still have fun with instant messengers and emails.
i gots to go to mom's now. goodnight

No comments:

Post a Comment