Wednesday, June 30, 2004

So No One Told You Life Was Going To Be This Way

So, yeah.
I think I am going crazy.
For real this time.
All the various issues I have had to deal with over the last 2 or 3 months, mostly at work, are getting to me in a serious way now.
My self control has been slipping in a serious way as a result of this.  I pretty much lost it the other night at work.  Needless to say, I am surprised that I still actually have a job.  The catch is, however, that was but a small preview of what is in store for whomever my wrath winds up being directed at if I completely lose it though. 
I really don't want that to happen.
So, I have done the only thing I can think to do.  The 10, 11, 12, & 13 of July I have requested off.  Mental Health Days.  Everyone needs them on occasion.  The whole two days off in a row thing is great, oh sure, but sometimes you really need more than that to get your stuff back together.  If that can hold me over until September, that will rock.  It would seem that a friend of mine from work has decided to take me to Las Vegas.  How fun will that be?
Anyway.
The only things holding my mind together at this point are my books and my sleep.
I got hold of Song of Susannah (Dark Tower VI) from the library.  Finshed that in 2 days.  Since I first picked up that one about 7 days ago, I started over with The Gunslinger (Dark Tower I).  I have now gone straight through to the point of being about 1/7 of the way through Wizard & Glass (Dark Tower VI).  We're talking about 1,532 pages in the last 9 days.
While I am thinking about it, I think I am going to need to get hold of Wolves of the Calla (Dark Tower V) and renew VI so I can make it through from start to finish.  Should take me another 6 days or so.   After that, I plan to pick up the Rat books (10 in all).  Then I am going to go back to work on this Elric Business (11 there).  That is my plan at least.  Maybe I will get through it all in the next week and a half, we shall see.
Now for the reason behind this post:
I am going to be very scarce for the next week and a half or so.  I am doing this not because I hate you all and don't want to talk to any of you, but because I fear what I may say or do.
I was about to go and write something here, but I realized that it was going to be a differently worded version of the above paragraph.
Stupid mind.
Or, rather, lack thereof.
So, goodnight for awhile.  I might keep you all up to date.  I need a project, so chances are, I will start reworking the grey site.  We shall see. 
Something like that usually helps me out, any layout suggestions or designing tips you have would be greatly apprecieated.  I am also looking to learn a bit more about style sheets.  Any assistance and or links would be great, but don't hurt yourself.
Also, I have galeharpring@gmail.com for your emailing pleasures.
Thanks
Gale

No comments:

Post a Comment