Tuesday, February 20, 2018

But February Made Me Shiver

Most Dubious Video Game Purchase Ever (yes, this too has achieved proper noun status in my mind!) arrived this day.
This arrived with my name on it:
20180220_15363820180220_153641

It was very rattley when shaken (not usually something you want in a video game system box).  I tossed it on the scale as is…Factory packaging, packed for mailing and the entire thing weighed a whole 9 ounces.

For comparison’s sake I pulled out my Nintendo 3DS XL and removed the game cartridge…Weighs 11.8 ounces.

Anyway…Onward!

20180220_153707

The box is very bright and shiny (literally shiny!) and has an awful lot of things that probably violate every single copyright that is depicted.

I find it hard to belive that either Marvel Comics or Sega would allow their characters to be used in such a way, but hey…You never know!

Also, I’m pretty sure “PXP 3” is written in the exact same font you would find on a PSP from Sony.
20180220_15385320180220_153908

Inside the box you have two cartridges. One claims it has 888,888 games and the other lays claim to 666,666 games. There is a USB charging cable and a cable to go to the tv.

Then there is the system itself. Looks an awful lot like a PSP. Has no real substance. The buttons on the right side are marked very inexplicably…No standard “A B X Y.” They are marked with very odd symbols.

Also it is impossible to mute it entirely.

Anyway, I will turn it on in the next day or two and see if it actually contains 1 and a half million games.

It is unlikely.

No comments:

Post a Comment