Wednesday, September 18, 2002

On A Dark Desert Highway

Original Title: Gambling...August 16, 2002/Red...Looks like I will live to see another day

Spike
Gambling...August 16, 2002Red
Black
Red
Black
Red...Looks like I will live to see another day. For the last thirteen months and seventeen days I have started my day with a turn of the roulette wheel. If it ends up red, I will live to see another day. If it ends up black, I can finally put myself out of my misery. With every turn of the wheel, every drop of the ball, I hope for the black. Red every time. Thirteen and a half months is to much of a coincidence for me. The hotel is driving me insane.
For the past twenty-six years I have been a prisoner here. A prisoner of my own device probably, but a prisoner nonetheless.
It all started in 1967. I was the guitar player for a little band called Brain Damage. We started out playing in various clubs and bars, and, like most bands, we developed a small cult following. Soon we ended up with a major record contract, and we went from being a small club band to a nationally known and loved band. None of us really expected that to happen, so we took the whole thing just one little step at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment