Monday, September 9, 2002

Go Away Heartbreaker

Original Title: Bookstores

Cat
What is it with me and bookstores?
It is like I am just drawn to them, much in the same fashion that a sailor is drawn to a siren. Usually it is Half Price Books that I am subject to go to. If I am at the mall, it is Waldenbooks. Assuming it is a day that I hit both of those, and The Book Rack at the County Line Mall, I usually go to Borders for just for good measure.
Today I walked out of HPB with 3 records (The Best Of The Guess Who Live, Hotel California by The Eagles, and Rural Space by Brewer and Shipley), and 1 book (Star Trek The Next Generation: Ship Of The Line). Took an hour of digging through the entire store to narrow it down to those 4 items. I left my debit card locked safely away in a desk drawer like I do every time I am going to be in the vicinity of a bookstore, and took no means of payment other than a $20. That is how I usually go into a place like that.
I proceeded to buy "Everything's Eventual" by Stephen King while at Meijer when I went to buy an 88 cent video tape.
Why can I not stay away from books and records that someone is selling?
While verifying the title of the Brewer & Shipley record, I stumbled upon this website: http://www.worldwidewax.com It was instantly added to my favorite list. I am currently looking for a Led Zeppelin LP (II) and some Pink Floyd LPs (Dark Side Of The Moon, Wish You Were Here) on eBay.
What is my obsession with LPs? I have been told I was born in the wrong generation, but this...

No comments:

Post a Comment