Friday, August 4, 2017

Every New Beginning Comes From Some Other Beginning's End Part 1 - Preview

I started playing with Microsoft Windows version 1.04.  There was much madness with getting it to install and run in DosBox. Mostly due to the multiple floppy disk based install.  Doesn't work like Windows 3.1 in that regard.

Anyway.  It is crude. At least by today's Windows standards.  But, well, it was the mid '80s and personal PCs were still more of a novelty than a way of life.

I'm not going to get super in depth with this right now, but here are a couple of screenshots.

Splash Screen

 The Desktop? I guess?

Anyway, in the morning I am going to (hopefully) sit down and start from scratch on my laptop.  I'll do the usual, screenshots from beginning to end with my thoughts on each step of the process.

I'll use DosBox for Windows 1 to Windows 3.11 For Workgroups.  After that it gets more difficult.




No comments:

Post a Comment