Saturday, August 26, 2017

I Can Feel One Of My Turns Coming On

The song One of My Turns by Pink Floyd is a very...Interesting(?) song.

There was a man I worked with at Arby's a long, long time ago.  He was telling me one day when we were listening to The Wall that he always thought the guy was a psychopath until he found out that axe was slang for guitar.  Based on the line "into the bedroom, in the suitcase on the left you'll find my favorite axe."

He thought the guy carried around a legit axe until he found out it was actually a guitar. Then he felt better about the song.

I explained to him that the guy was still a psycho.  That was the point of the song.

The previous song on the album (Young Lust) is about Pink picking up a hooker. One of My Turns is about him beating the hooker, and if that doesn't scream psycho then he really needs to get his head checked.

He conceded after actually listening to and paying attention to the song.

No comments:

Post a Comment